BEFORE I DIE...

A rogue mural appeared Sunday morning at the corner of 12th and Main. The simple, interactive installment featured a black wall with fill-in-the-blank responses following the words "Before I die I want to ________________"




 
 


Within two hours of the first images hitting social media, the wall was completely filled as locals flocked to add their ambitions. The concept originated from New Orleans by artist Candy Chang, who started the project after she lost someone she loved. The idea has since spread worldwide with Cincinnati becoming one of the newest cities to participate.


Adding two of my goals to the wall.
Photo by Maureen Jacob
"Work on a community project that will outlast myself."

"Commute by rail in Cincinnati."

Two hours later, the wall was completely filled.


People keep adding! A look at the comments after two days.
Photo by David Heyburn