THE HAPPINESS JAR

The Happiness Jar:
How I measured a year of my life in love





Throughout 2013, I wrote down the positive memories from each day and dropped the slip of paper into this jar. On New Years, I dump out the jar and re-read all of the great things that I experienced during the past year. I counted 392 slips of paper last night. Thanks to all my friends for creating some wonderful moments with me. Here are some of my favorite highlights:


Visited 2 New States and 6 New Cities




Celebrating our one year anniversary in Chicago


8 months campaigning with Mike Moroski for Cincinnati City Council





Being selected by the Cincinnati Regional Tourism Network as a contributor for Livin' In The Cin



Climbing all five remnants of Cincinnati's Inclines


 
A summer tour of local ice creameries that evolved into creating CincyWhip.com and Creamy Whip Tuesdays




Urban Campout at 9th and Broadway in Downtown Cincinnati



Premiered The Siege of Cincinnati documentary during Civil War Weekend at Cincinnati Museum Center



Held a showing of Cincinnati's Abandoned Subway at Cincinnati Museum Center that also played on OMNIMAX. Over 400 people attended.




Two nights of LumenoCity; one viewed from afar in Washington Park, one viewed up close while sitting on the streetcar tracks in the middle of Elm Street.





Tour of Friday Fish Frys during Lent







The streetcar movement, from the color reveal, to laying the first rail, to saving the project from cancellation for the third time.


 

LM&M Railroad Date Night



Urban Cincy Bikes & Brews



My birthday surprise box of donuts from Holtman's and their later opening of a store in OTR



Summertime adventures in Columbus with friends





My first-ever visit to the Krohn Conservatory Butterfly Show




My first article published in Domestica Magazine about rainy day hideouts




First time flying First Class
 




Seeing the Pacific Ocean for the first time




Touring San Francisco in a chartered 1928 Milan streetcar with the Cincinnati Railbuffs

 


Being part of a Historic Photograph taken with a 100-year-old Camera



...But best of all was realizing that be it streetcar, showing documentaries, or campaigning, I spent 2013 doing what I wrote on the Before I Die wall:


 Here's to a whimsical & wonderful 2014!